Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies.....YUM!


Dear Reader,
     The only thing I like about getting our Alabama Power bill every month is the recipe that comes as a part of every bill.  This recipe was in last month's bill, and it is scrump-diddly-umptious
(Tiff used scrump-diddly-umptious to describe her rendition of the chicken pot pie recipe I posted,
and I just had to add it to my vocabulary!
 -Sounds like something from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, doesn't it?-
Thanks, Tiff, for this addition to my vocabulary:)


In case you can't quite make out parts of the recipe, here it is again:

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes

2 sticks butter (softened)                            2 c. plain flour (I used 1 1/2 c. whole wheat instead)
3/4 c. sugar                                                1 t baking soda
3/4 c. brn sugar (firmly pckd)                      3/4 t salt (I used sea salt)
2 eggs                                                         2 c. flaked coconut
2 t. vanilla extract                                        12 oz. package milk chocolate chips
1 t. almond extract                                       1 1/2 c. almonds (finely chopped)

Cream butter and sugars.  Beat in eggs and extracts.  Combine flour salt and baking soda.  Add to creamed mixture.  Mix well.  Stir in coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds.


Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pan about 1 minute; then move to wire cooling racks.  Makes about 4 dozen cookies.   


ENJOY!



Have a scrump-diddly-umptious day!

-Mug

P.S.  Farmgal over at 4Bushel Farm makes her own vanilla extract.....I thought about that homemade vanilla extract when I was baking these:)

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Mug,
These look WONDERFUL! I may just have to bake up some for Valentine's day ;)

Oh, by the way! I've added your name to the "5 Things" game if you'd like to play (name five things you wouldn't leave home without.) Stop over my blog to see :)

Now, about those cookies.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...