Saturday, February 5, 2011

Red Birds in the Land of Hatchechubbee...

Dear Reader,
       Earlier this week, I arrived in the Land of Hatchechubbee to find 10-15 pairs (male & female) of redbirds, cardinals, strutting around our backyard.  When I opened the car door, these birds scattered hither and yon through the (mostly pine) trees....
       This must be the brave Grandaddy of the Flock because he is the only one that would stay in one spot long enough for slow photographer that I am to take a photo.  The vague brown spot to his left (your right) is one of the brave females, I think:




And, of course, the Chicks had to put on their Bird-Feeding Hats...


and go parade around the Land feeding these birds!

   
Another lovely day in the Land of Hatchechubbee....

Hoping your day is lovely, too!
-Mug

4 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

This is timely....was just looking out my window this morning ...the sun is shining -- birds are even out - & I told my husband they are looking for food. Hmmm -- perhaps I should find myself a hat like the chicks are sporting here ;)

Nice Cardinal capture! What a handsome fella.


The story below is a beautiful story. I had heard about it before. I'm not a big sports fan (except when my kids are playing) but I woulda loved to have been at that game cheering for the underdog myself :)

Mug said...

Yes...wouldn't we all be a SIGHT parading around town in hats like that...especially if we had live birds perched on the edges:)

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

TOO CUTE!!!!!!! You are getting right clever in your old age :)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Cardinals are such strikingly handsome birds - you are so lucky to see so many all at once. I've never seen more than one or two at any one time.

Love the new hats for the chicks! Very chic :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...